- MBBS : Bangalore medical college , Bengaluru , India (2001-2007)
- MD Internal Medicine : Sawai Man Singh medical college , Jaipur , India (2008- 2011)
- DM Clinical Immunology: JIPMER , Puducherry (2012-2015)
CLINICAL WORK EXPERIENCE :
1. Internship at Bangalore Medical College & Research Institute from 30 th April, 2006 to 29 th April 2007.
2. As a Post graduate in Medicine in SMS Medical College & Hospital in a Rheumatology unit from 10 th June 2008 to 9 th June 2011.
3. As a Senior resident at CHANRE rheumatology & immunology centre , Bangalore from Dec 2011 to April 2012.
4. As a Senior resident at Department of Clinical Immunology , JIPMER , from Aug 2012 to July 2015.
5. As Assistant Professor at Department of Clinical Immunology , JIPMER , from Sep 2015 to May 2016.
6. Consultant Immunologist & Rheumatologist at CHANRE rheumatology & immunology centre, Bengaluru from Feb 2017 to Feb 2018.
7. Consultant Immunologist & Rheumatologist at Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Hospital , Vasanth Nagar , Bengaluru since June 2016.
8. Consultant Immunologist & Rheumatologist at Apollo Hospital , Seshadripuram , Bengaluru since March 2018.
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE :
1. Indian Council of Medical Research :- Short term studentship for a period of 2 months during 2005 for the project titled "A clinical study of cases of febrile convulsion coming to Vani Vilas Hospital".
2. Mehta S , Khandelwal PD, Jain VK, Sihag M. A comparative study of racecadotril and single dose octreotide as an anti-secretory agent in acute infective diarrhoea. J Assoc Physicians India. 2012 Nov;60:12-5.
3. V.K. Jain, P.T. Antony, C.B. Mithun, B.K. Singh, S. Mehra, J. Usdadiya, V.S. Negi. AB0559 “Hypokalemic paralysis in primary Sjogren syndrome: is it a distinct clinical subset which requires lifelong potassium
supplementation rather than immunosuppressants?” Published in abstract book of EULAR 2014 in Annals of Rheumatic diseases. DOI: 10.1136/annrheumdis-2014-eular.1739.
4. Muralidharan N, Antony PT, Jain VK, Mariaselvam CM, Negi VS. Multidrug resistance 1 (MDR1) 3435C>T gene polymorphism influences the clinical phenotype and methotrexate-induced adverse events in
South Indian Tamil rheumatoid arthritis. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2015 Aug;71(8):959-65
5. D P Misra, V K. Jain , V S Negi . Splenectomy increases the subsequent risk of systemic lupus erythematosus: a word of caution. Rheumatol Int Dec 2015 . DOI 10.1007/s00296-015-3406-y
6. Muralidharan N, Mariaselvam CM, Jain VK, Gulati R, Negi VS. ATIC 347C>G gene polymorphism may be associated with methotrexate- induced adverse events in south Indian Tamil rheumatoid arthritis.
Pharmacogenomics. 2016; 17(3):241-8.
7. Jain VK, Negi VS. Inflammatory rheumatic diseases in the elderly. Indian J Rheumatol 2016;11:207-15.
8. Jain A, Misra DP, Jain VK, Negi VS. Spontaneous pneumomediastinum in dermatomyositis. Indian J Rheumatol. 2017 . doi: 10.4103/0973- 3698.199129
9. Jain A, Misra DP, Ramesh A, Basu D, Jain VK, Negi VS. Tuberculosis mimicking primary systemic vasculitis: not to be missed! Tropical doctor. 2017:49475516687432.
10. Negi VS, Devaraju P, Misra DP, Jain VK, Usdadiya JB, Antony PT, Gulati R.Mannose-binding lectin (MBL) codon 54 (rs1800450) polymorphism predisposes towards medium vessel vasculitis in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Clin Rheumatol. 2017 Apr;36(4):837-843. doi: 10.1007/s10067-017-3539-3.
11. Misra DP, Chengappa KG, Jain VK, Negi VS. Talonavicular and Naviculocuneiform Joint Involvement in Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis. J Clin Rheumatol. 2017 Mar;23(2):119. doi: 10.1097/RHU.0000000000000507.
12. Muralidharan N, Misra DP, Jain VK, Negi VS. Effect of thymidylate synthase (TYMS) gene polymorphisms with methotrexate treatment outcome in south Indian Tamil patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Rheumatol. 2017 Jun;36(6):1253-1259. doi: 10.1007/s10067-017-3608-7.
13. Chengappa KG , D P Misra, V K Jain, Vir Negi. Sarcoidosis,
Neurotoxoplasmosis & Golimumab Therapy. QJM: monthly journal of the
Association of Physicians Dec 2016 ;109(12):817-818 doi: 10.1093/qjmed/hcw197
14. Jain VK. Leflunomide-induced ILD: A rare and potentially fatal complication. IJRCI. 2017;(5)1:CS3 DOI: 10.15305/ijrci/v5i1/230
15. Jain VK, Bhashini N, Balajee LK, Sistla S, Parija SC, Negi VS. Effect of disease-modifying antirheumatic drug therapy on immune response to trivalent influenza vaccine in rheumatoid arthritis. Indian J Med Res. 2017 Apr;145(4):464-470. doi: 10.4103/ijmr.IJMR_920_15
16. Jain VK. Rituximab-induced serum sickness: Not so uncommon. IndianJ Rheumatol. 2018. DOI: 10.4103/injr.injr_122_17
17. Mehra, S., Usdadiya, J.B., Jain, V.K. et al. Comparing the efficacy of low- dose vs high-dose cyclophosphamide regimen as induction therapy in the treatment of proliferative lupus nephritis: a single center study. Rheumatol Int (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00296-018-3995-3
18. Mariaselvam, Christina; Tamouza, Ryad; Krishnamoorthy, Rajagopal; Charron, Dominique; Misra, Durga; Jain, Vikramraj; Negi, Vir. Association of NKG2D gene variants with susceptibility and severity of Rheumatoid Arthritis. Accepted for publication in Clinical & Experimental Immunology. Manuscript ID: CEI-2016-6164.R1
19. Panneer Devaraju, Sonal Mehra, Reena Gulati, Paul T. Antony, Vikramraj K. Jain, Durga Prasanna Misra, Vir Singh Negi. The IRF5 rs2004640 (G/T) polymorphism is not a genetic risk factor for systemic lupus erythematosus in population from south India. Indian J Med Res. 2018 Jun; 147(6): 560–566. doi: 10.4103/ijmr.IJMR_2025_16
20. Jain A, Srinivas BH, Emmanuel D, Jain VK, Parameshwaran S, Negi VS. Renal involvement in primary Sjogren's syndrome: a prospective cohort study. Rheumatol Int. 2018 Aug 23. doi: 10.1007/s00296-018-
21. Jain VK, Hegde K, Panchagnula R. Livedoid vasculopathy with mononeuritis multiplex associated with protein S deficiency mimicking systemic vasculitis. Indian J Rheumatol. 2018 Nov. DOI: 10.4103/injr.injr_97_18
22. Chapter on “Peripheral Spondyloarthritis” published in Monograph on Spondyloarthritis by Indian College of Physicians 2019.
REVIEWER for INDIAN JOURNAL OF RHEUMATOLOGY, INTERNET JOURNAL OF RHEUMATOLOGY AND CLINICAL IMMUNOLOGY
TOTAL EXPERIENCE IN RHEUMATOLOGY / IMMUNOLOGY : 10 yrs
PRESENTATIONS AT MEETINGS / CONFERENCES:
1. Presented a poster at Indian rheumatology national conference – IRACON 2013 titled “Ultrasound based joint score : a good indicator of disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis”
2. Presented a paper entitled “Sickle cell beta thalassemia associated arthropathy” held at Jipmer scientific society on April 2013.
3. Oral presentation at Indian rheumatology national conference – IRACON 2014 , held at Chandigarh , titled “Clinical & Immunological Profile Of Primary Sjögren Syndrome In South Indian Tamils: A Single Centre Experience”.
4. Oral presentation at 17 th Asia Pacific League of Associations for Rheumatology congress – APLAR 2015 , held at Chennai , titled “ Effect Of Disease Modifying Antirheumatic Drug (DMARD) Therapy On Immune Response To Trivalent Influenza Vaccine In Rheumatoid Arthritis”.
5. Talk on “Treatment of lupus nephritis in 2016” at the South zone IRACON (SZIRACON 2016) held at Kozhikode in Feb 2016.
6. Talk on “Rheumatological disorders & pregnancy” at COGE Series VI – a clinical approach – CME organized by dept of Obstetrics & Gynaecology , JIPMER held on 10th April 2016 held at JIPMER.
7. Talk on “ Extra renal SLE, Extra renal vasculitis & Extra renal scleroderma” at Nephro-Rheumatology meet held on 12 th march 2017.
8. Conducted workshop on “Musculoskeletal ultrasound in rheumatology” for radiologists and rheumatologists at Karnataka rheumatology association annual conference held at Belgaum in October 2018.
1. INDIAN COUNCIL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH (ICMR) – Short term studentship award (2005) during undergraduate training
2. Winner of national rheumatology quiz competition ‘RHEUMAWHIZZ 2013’ held at SGPGI, Lucknow, India.
3. Won the Best case presenter award at World Rheumatology forum held at Gurgaon , New Delhi in March 2019.
- Completed European league against rheumatism (EULAR) online course in rheumatology
- Completed EULAR online Introductory USG course
2. Musculoskeletal ultrasound
3. Vaccination in autoimmune diseases
4. Allergy immunology