CHIEF PSYCHIATRIST & DE ADDICTION SPECIALIST , MRC Psych Royal College London |
- D.N.B.(Psychiatry) Amrita College of Medicine (AIMS, Kochi), completed in 2010 .
- D.P.M., National Institute of Mental Health And Neurological Sciences, (NIMHANS) , graduated in 2007 .
- M.B.B.S., Bangalore Medical College , graduated in 2002 .
- Certificate course in Palliative care . A 6 week course by the Indian Association of Palliative Care. Successfully completed on 5 th Jan 2009
Work experience in Psychiatry
- Consultant Neuropsychiatrist Aster CMI hospital Hebbal and Optima Psychiatry Clinic Mahalaxmi layout Sept 2016 to Current
- Consultant Neuropsychiatrist People Tree hospital Yeshwantpur December 2013 to Sept 2016
- Research Officer AIIMS , New Delhi , April 2012 to May 2013
- Consultant Psychiatrist ISIC superspeciality hospital , New Delhi, March 2011 to March 2012
- Junior Consultant VIMHANS, New Delhi December 2010 to March 2011.
- Senior Resident and Incharge of Dept of Psychiatry in Bowring Hospital. Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute. Bangalore. India. 30th April 2010 to July 2010
- Resident, Department of Psychiatry. Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences. Cochin, Kerala, India , 1 st Feb 2008 to 8 th Feb 2010.
- Tutor. Christian Medical College, Vellore, India, August 2007 to December 2007
- Junior Resident. National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS).Bangalore, India. May 2005 to May 2007.
- Co-investigator for the study “EFFECTS OF LITHIUM-ECT COMBINATION TREATMENT: A COMPARATIVE STUDY.” The results were published in the Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine.2007 The prospective study which enrolled around 30 patients on Lithium who were also administered ECT along with a similar number of patients as controls who were ECT alone. The study was conducted to estimate the difference in cognitive side effects of the two groups. It is the first such study to be conducted in this field. The study won the South Zone award for Young Researchers at the Indian Psychiatric Society Conference in 2006.
- Successfully completed study titled “ PREVALANCE OF PSYCHIATRIC MORBIDITY IN CHILDHOOD ASTHMA” in December 2009. The study threw up some novel data regarding the uniqueness of psychiatric morbidity faced by Indian asthmatic children and has been submitted to Indian Pediatrics (Journal) for publication and is currently under peer review.
- Primary investigator for a short term research project titled “UTILITY OF THE YAMAGUCHI ET AL CRITERIA FOR THE DIAGNOSIS OF SOJIA IN COMPARISON TO THE ILAR CRITERIA.”The project was sponsored by the Pediatric Rheumatology Clinic in Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and successfully completed in Jan 2010. The results of the study were presented at the EULAR conference held in Rome in June 2010 .
- Research assistant for the study titled “ A STUDY OF THE ASSOCIATION BETWEEN HYPERMOBILITY AND CHRONIC MUSCULOSKELETAL PAIN:A PILOT STUDY.” Also known as HAMS study . The study protocol has been published on the national clinical trials website hosted by NIH, USA and FDA, USA. NCT01032863 . The study was successfully completed in March 2010 and results were presented at the EULAR conference in London in May 2011.
- A total of 4 years and 4 months of undergraduate MBBS teaching
- 2 nd author. “Effects of Lithium-ECT combination treatment: A comparative study.”
Published in Indian journal of Psychological Medicine.
- Co-author along with Dr Prabha Chandra (Prof of Psychiatry in NIMHANS) of chapter
titled “Current Issues in Women’s Mental Health in South Asia” in the “Handbook
of Psychiatry: a South Asia perspective.”
Psychiatry CME & Conferences
- Continuing medical education on ECT in NIMHANS Jan 15 th 2006
- Biological psychiatry symposium by the Indian psychiatric society in NIMHANS nov 2008
- Post graduate training program by the Indian psychiatric society of in Cochin Kerala in 8 th june 2008.
- NIMHANS – RCPSYCH conference 2010 in NIMHANS in March 2010.
- ANCIPS conference in NIMHANS in Jan 2013