Pulmonologist: MBBS and MD completion in First Attempt with First Class marks.
- Currently working as Consultant chest physician in Vikram hospital, Bangalore since March 2017.
- Assistant Professor in Dept of Respiratory Medicine in MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore from April 2016 to February 2017.
- Assistant Professor at SDS and Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases since October 2015 to march 2016.
- Worked as Specialist in Department of Pulmonary Medicine, ECHS, Command Hospital Air Force, Bangalore since November 2014- September 2015.
Thesis and Paper presentations:
- One of the first kind of study done in India on “Study of clinical profile, diagnosis, etiology, management and outcome in patients of pneumothorax and hydropneumothorax in a tertiary care center” accepted by Maharashtra
University of Health Sciences.
- Original article published in Lung India journal : Kasargod V, Awad NT. Clinical profile, etiology, and management of hydropneumothorax: An Indian experience. Lung India [serial online] 2016 [cited 2016 May 25];33:278-80. Available from: http://www.lungindia.com/text.asp?2016/33/3/278/180804
- Paper presentation – “Pulmonary Function Test in Post Tuberculosis Fibrosis” at National level conference NAPCON- 2013.
- Poster presentation in international journal- Chest 2012- “ Retrospective study of profile of patients of MDR and XDR attending the tertiary care hospital under non-programmatic condition” Chest.2012;142[4_MeetingAbstratcs]:204A-204A.
- Member of American College of Chest Physicians.
- Member of European Respiratory Society.
- Life member of Indian Chest Society.
Procedures independently performed:
- Fibreoptic Bronchoscopy, Broncho-Alveolar Lavage and Bronchial washings,Trans-bronchial Lung Biopsy,Trans-bronchial Lymph node biopsy,Trans-thoracic needle aspiration,Transthoracic visceral and parietal pleural biopsy.
- Management of COPD, Asthma, community acquired pneumonia, post obstructive airway disease, ABPA, interstitial lung disease and occupational lung diseases. Interpretation of pulmonary function test and DLco study
Respiratory Intensive care experience:
- Proficiency in advanced ventilator settings, management of electrolyte and acid base disorders, endotracheal intubation, lumbar puncture bone marrow biopsy and central line insertion.
Tuberculosis management experience:
- Diagnosis and Management of MDR- TB as a part of DOTS-PLUS
- Programme at Sewree TB sanatorium.
- Diagnosis and management of CAT I and CAT II TB under RNTCP..
Experience in Management of sleep disorders:
- Performance of level 2 and 3 Polysomnography.
- Interpretation of both diagnostic and titration polysomnographic studies.