Dr. Prathima Ramaprasad, MD, Diplomate in American Board of Internal Medicine is specialized in internal medicine and believes that internal medicine is the pioneer of all medical sciences incorporating various aspects of health and disease and that the “Internist /Primary care physician” plays a key role in providing integrated health care to patients.
- D –American Board of Internal Medicine -Resurrection Westlake, USA
- B.B.S -Bangalore University ,India
- AHA Certification(American Heart Association )
- ECFMG Certification: 0-630-754-0
- Utah state Licensure :7997549-1205
- Karnataka Medical Council: 58641
I have been very passionate and inspired by my mentors towards providing education and improvising Emergency medical care in India which has a long way to go.To achieve the same,I have been associated with the American heart association as an instructor for BLS and ACLS over the last 10 years. I indent to do my bit towards improvising emergency care education and training through the AHA programs.
- Annual AHA- ACLS programs under APMG USA –SHARE at Hyderabad since 2007-2011
- Regional ACP conference 2005,Chicago,Illinois,USA
- Annual IAMA -Indian American Medical association meet -2005,Chicago,USA
- Annual meeting, Association of American College of physicians, Chicago USA 2004.
- CME on Critical Care Medicine in Pondicherry, India in October 2002.
- API- Madurai Chapter CME on Rheumatology in Madurai, India in August 2002
Awards and Papers:
- John E Martin Research Award 2006 –First place “Prevalence of statin associated myopathy in type 2 diabetes patients on statins.”-This was my research project during residency
- “Prevalence of statin associated myopathy in type 2 diabetes patients on statins.” Research paper poster presentation at the ACP conference in October 2005,Chicago.
- The above research paper presented in the Annual IAMA meet,Chicago won the second place in 2005.
- “Giant hydronephrosis in congenital solitary kidney- A case report presented at the ACP conference,October 2005,Chicago.
- “Polytrauma with fat embolism syndrome-A case report” was awarded the second best paper at the CME on Critical Care Medicine conducted on October 5, 2002 in Pondicherry, India.
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American College of Physicians (ACP)
- Indian American Medical Association (IAMA)
- American Heart association(AHA) instructor network